We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Choosing a goose feeder is one of the primary concerns of a poultry owner. Only properly made and purchased in a specialized store inventory will allow you to save feed and simplify the process of cleaning the room. To make it easier to decide on the equipment for the poultry house, it is worth considering what types of goose feeders are, what requirements are imposed on them.
Requirements for feeders
Before purchasing feeders for geese, you need to know what criteria they must meet in order for the bird to feed and develop normally. Among the main requirements are:
- Ease of use. Containers for feed mixtures should not create discomfort - neither for poultry, nor for humans.
- Ease of cleansing. The containers used should be periodically washed, disinfected, so as not to become a source of disease in geese.
- Sufficient degree of stability. It is necessary to use tanks as a feeder, which do not tip over during operation, but are reliably held in a static position.
- Security. Feeding equipment must not harm the health of poultry. Otherwise, she may be injured, hungry and die.
Particular attention must be paid to the choice of materials from which the feeder will be made. For dry food, the best solution would be to use wooden containers. But for wet formulations, metal containers are suitable.
In order not to cause problems with the digestive tract in geese, milk mixtures are stored in plastic containers. Metal tanks are not suitable here. High-quality plastic is a versatile option and is used for all types of feed. Moreover, it is not subject to corrosive changes.
The size of the trough also plays an important role in the selection of a suitable feeding device. Since geese love to scatter food, swarm around in it, choosing the best, it is worth installing tanks that they cannot crawl into. For the younger generation, containers with a height of 5-10 cm are enough, and for an adult - 15-25 cm. For grass, nursery-type containers are prepared. One head will require from 15 cubic meters. cm of the total container volume. The main thing is that the feeders are always clean.
When choosing a container for feeding poultry, it is worth giving preference to reliable and durable structures that correspond to a specific type of mixture. If the feed is dry, then to save product and space, tanks that can be fixed to the wall should be used. It is recommended to pay special attention to the spaciousness of the feeder, it should accommodate the daily feed rate.
Types and features of devices
For the normal keeping of geese at home, you need feeders that are convenient and practical to use. The materials from which they are made are environmentally friendly and durable. Depending on the type of feed, there are different devices, adapted for a specific type of mash.
For free-flowing mixtures
To make a container for bulk mixtures with your own hands, it is enough to knock down a rectangular structure from wide (2 pcs.) And narrow (2 pcs.) Rails. Install plugs on both sides using two small strips. For greater durability, “legs” of thin strips are mounted at the bottom of these plugs. A round bar is attached to the top of the rectangular structure, and it is fixed above the side elements. The main advantage of such a device is that the geese cannot get inside, to the stern.
For wet food
A wet mash for domestic livestock requires a special device that will not deteriorate, rust. The best solution here would be a plastic or galvanized pipe. Its diameter is from 25 cm.
Making equipment for geese yourself is not difficult if you cut the workpiece in half and plug the sides by welding them using electric welding. It is possible to obtain two feeding devices from one tube. The advantages of this method are ease of manufacture and efficiency of use.
If there are a lot of used car tires in the yard, then they can be safely introduced into business. The principle of making feeders is as follows:
- Prepare the tire.
- Cut off the top with a grinder.
- Install a container of a suitable diameter inside.
For young animals
To feed the younger generation, any containers are enough. As they grow, the type and size of the structure should be changed to a more suitable one. It is optimal to assemble a container made of wood, 6 cm high.For the convenience of transporting the feeders, a 14 cm long rail is mounted to the side parts. Among the positive aspects of such devices for goslings are noted:
- the ability to make with your own hands from improvised means;
- preservation of the feed in a pure form;
- availability when filled with a mash;
- ease of maintenance;
- convenience when feeding young animals.
Drawings and dimensions
To simplify the process of making a device for feeding geese, you must first make a drawing, determine the dimensions and prepare suitable materials.
What materials will you need?
Everyone can assemble a feeder at home. The main thing is to have in stock:
- plastic / metal barrel;
- a hacksaw for working with metal;
- fragments of a plastic sewer pipe with an angle of 90 ° C;
- hot melt glue.
You can make a bunker-type device in two variations:
- Suspended, where a compartment and a pallet for keeping the feed are provided.
- Ground-based, made from a barrel and a turn of a sewer pipe. It is installed in the opening, which was prepared in advance in the container. Unlike the first modification, here you can fill in a larger volume of the mixture, besides, it is more convenient to use.
How to make a goose feeder with your own hands
The hopper device consists of a compartment where the feed is stored and an outlet for dosing it. To assemble it correctly, you must adhere to a certain sequence of actions:
- Mark the plastic container according to the diameter of the sewer pipe used. The mark should be 30-40 cm from the bottom of the container, otherwise it will be inconvenient for geese to eat food from such a height.
- Prepare the sewer pipe fragments and cut them along the knee angle.
- Cut an opening in the plastic container according to the pipe diameter. Install it in the resulting hole.
- Using hot melt glue, process the pipe edges. This simple trick will keep her from twisting while feeding the bird. Also, hot melt glue will exclude the possibility of moisture penetration into the container with dry food.
If desired, the level of moisture protection of the feed can be increased. This will require the installation of a canopy made of metal or plastic. The optimal distance from the edge of the pipe to the canopy is 10 cm. The only thing left to do is to fill the finished feeder with the nutrient composition for the growth and development of poultry.
You can make the necessary equipment for geese from a 5 liter plastic bottle. In the bottom of the container, a circle is cut out of a small diameter, where the food will be poured; holes for the ropes are made along the edges with a hot nail. The bottle is turned upside down, hung, and a basin is placed under it. This simple design makes feeding the geese a lot easier.
The herbal device is made of wood, which is absolutely safe for animals. It is not at all necessary to use a trough for green food. This can be a regular device made of rails, but it is recommended to strip them so that there is no burr.
Making your own poultry feeding device is very simple. When choosing the right equipment, first of all, it is worth taking into account the number of geese on the farm and the type of feed. The main thing is not to expose the livestock to the risk of getting sick, and the feeders and drinkers should always be kept clean and periodically disinfected.