We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
You can prepare a delicious compote from sour apples for the winter if you have sterilized containers. Fruits are chosen as large and juicy as possible. It is important to avoid bruised and rotten fruit. There is a classic recipe for making compote, as well as varieties - with red currants, strawberries, and other berries. Store in a cool, dark place. Partial shade is possible.
The subtleties of cooking sour apple compote for the winter
It is sour varieties that are most often recommended for cooking. The drink made from these fruits has a sour taste, which is an excellent thirst quencher.
Features of the choice of fruits
When choosing fruits for apple compote, you should pay attention to the integrity of the fruit. It is better not to use damaged fruit, or, if possible, cut out the damaged parts of the fruit.
Small, whole apples of the following varieties are great:
- Granny Smith;
- White filling;
To prevent the apple from darkening, it can be treated with a special solution. For cooking you will need:
- half a tablespoon of citric acid;
- one liter of cold water;
Cut slices are placed in a storage solution while the hostess prepares containers for compote.
The main thing is not to forget to thoroughly rinse the apples from the resulting solution before cooking them..
How to prepare containers
To prepare containers you need:
- Rinse the soda can thoroughly and rinse.
- To sterilize the container - hold the jar over the steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Dry the glass jar after sterilization.
How to make sour apple compote?
After selecting the fruits and preparing the container, you can start preparing the drink.
A simple recipe
For this vitamin drink you will need:
- about half a kilo of sour apples;
- 4 liters of water;
- a glass of granulated sugar;
Classic compote recipe:
- Rinse the apples thoroughly. After rinsing, allow the water to drain from the fruit.
- Cut the fruit in half. Remove the pitted core and twig. These parts of the fruit contain acid, which will spoil the taste of the drink and can be harmful to health.
- Next, the apples should be cut into smaller slices to give the water all its flavor. Small ones can be cooked whole.
- It is necessary to pour the resulting cut in a saucepan with cold water, then add half a glass of granulated sugar and cook on the stove.
- Compote is cooked over low heat, sugar is added to taste.
- Bring to a boil and immediately remove the pan from heat. Do not boil the contents for a long time.
With red currant
To improve the taste, various herbs, berries or other fruits are added to the apple compote. The most popular drink is made from sour apples with red currants. The currants and apples are washed. Berries get rid of tails, leaves, seeds are cut out from fruits.
- Prepared fruits are poured with boiling water for 5 minutes, then the water is drained.
- Next, the drink is boiled in a saucepan with the addition of sugar and cinnamon.
- After boiling, the drink is removed from the heat, poured into cans and canned.
After preparing the compote, it must be preserved for further home storage:
- into previously prepared glass jars, it is necessary to pour the contents from the pan;
- close the container with a sterile lid;
- turn the can over and wrap it in a blanket;
- wait until it cools completely.
You can store such a workpiece for 1-3 years in a closed state. It is recommended to place the seaming in an unlit or dimly lit place with a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees.
In the open state, the compote can be consumed within 3-5 days, depending on the additional ingredients.